SNL Creative has a reputation for developing high value products with Industrial 3D printing. Their vision is where 3D printed products are part of our everyday life. In the next phase of their on demand manufacturing solutions, SNL Creative teams up with DyeMansion to deliver Vapor Polishing and Dyeing across the suite of the AM technologies; Including SLS and FDM.
The Power of Vapor Polishing
Vapor Polishing is a post-process technique that evenly relaxes the molecular chains of the surface layer resulting in smooth surfaces.
- Improved Aesthetics: A deep dye process with vivid colors that are scratch, UV, and heat resistant.
- Enhanced Functionality: Easy to clean sealed surfaces that are resistant to Chemicals. Improves flexibility and durability of 3D printed parts. Reduces part roughness by 80% and Reduces friction by 33.8%
- Certified Safe and sustainable: Food and skin contact compliant. A sustainable process for sealed surfaces. FDA certified for your Food and Beverage applications. Prevents parts against bacteria growth. A reproducible and traceable process that is ISO certified for end user applications.
The Art of Dyeing
Dyeing is another valuable post-processing technique that goes hand in hand with vapor polishing. It involved adding color to the 3D printed part and offers a set of diverse advantages.
- Customization and Branding: Limitless color choices from standard color databases or custom made colors.
- Color coding and identification: In industries like health care and manufacturing, color coded parts can be used for easy identification, sorting, and assembly.
- Enhance UV resistance: Dyes can provide UV resistance, preventing color fading or degradation when expose to sunlight. This is crucial for outdoor and Long-term applications.
The Synergy of Vapor Polishing and Dyeing
When combined, vapor polishing and dyeing yield an impressive synergy that adds value to 3D printed parts. The smooth pristine surface achieved through vapor polishing serves as an idea canvas for dyeing, ensuring the colors are vivid, consistent, and long-lasting. This combination is particularly advantageous for producing consumer goods, intricate prototypes, and industrial components.